About Metro Bank
Metro Bank (the Bank) is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) tasked with the mission to stimulate economic growth within distressed neighborhoods of Louisville, Kentucky by providing an array of financial and developmental resources. The Bank is a shareholder-owned, for-profit, FDIC-insured, commercial bank. To better accomplish its mission, the Bank is committed to ensuring that the majority of its operations are within specific underserved communities or low-income census tracts in Jefferson County.
Metro Bank is committed to providing access to capital for small business owners, individuals, and faith-based and non-profit organizations. We are able to fulfill our mission through strategic alliances with other financial institutions and service providers. These alliances allow us to leverage our resources to help our customers create job opportunities and expand economic activity. Creating a better quality of life for underserved residents is the goal of Metro Bank and its depositors. Reaching this goal requires a long-term commitment to stimulating economic growth and facilitating the expansion of opportunities for all. This commitment is shared by the Bank’s many partners including other banks, local governments, organizations, businesses and individuals — all working together to plant the seeds of growth and opportunity in Louisville’s underserved communities.
Metro Bank is an equal opportunity provider.
- The Bank opened its doors in January, 1997 with $8 million in equity financing and $20 million in pledged deposits.
- Louisville Development Bancorp (LDB), the Bank’s parent company, received its first New Markets Tax Credit allocation from the CDFI Fund in 2004 in the amount of $62,500,000.
- LDB received subsequent NMTC allocations in 2005 ($8,000,000), 2008 ($40,000,000), and 2010 ($14,000,000).
- In February 2011, the Bank’s name was changed from Louisville Community Development Bank to Metro Bank.
- In October 2014, the Bank expanded its product line to include internet banking to better serve its customers.
- In June 2015, the Bank moved to 900 S 12th Street, Louisville, KY 40210.
- Today, the Bank successfully executes one of the most unique approaches to economic development in America.
Our mission is to stimulate economic growth within the underserved communities of Jefferson County, Kentucky by providing a variety of financial and developmental resources.
Our vision is to create a better quality of life for underserved residents and businesses in Jefferson County, Kentucky by providing access to flexible capital that facilitates job creation, job retention, and access to goods and services.
Our Core Values
Metro Bank has a proud tradition of valuing its customers, staff, and shareholders. The following Value Statements relate to the Metro Bank’s core beliefs and guiding principles:
- Integrity is Our Passion: We are committed to honesty and integrity in all facets of our business.
- Respect and Professionalism are Our Hallmarks: We treat our customers and staff with respect and deliver professionalism in every interaction.
- We Embrace Diversity: We value the various beliefs, cultures, and experiences of our customers, our employees, our shareholders, and our community.
- We Deliver Unparalleled Service with a Personal Touch: We value direct interactions with our customers and are committed to excellent customer service.
- We Do the Right Thing: Our unique approach to decision-making includes the diverse opinions, skills, and experiences of our team to ensure that we do the right thing–every time.
- We Promote Employee Growth and Development: We invest in human potential and develop employee talent. Our customers can count on the competency and capacity of our team.
- We Care About Our Employees: We encourage and promote a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We provide affordable benefits and a relaxed working environment.
- We Play by the Rules: We have a strong compliance culture and strive to exceed industry performance standards.